Leaving It Better Than You Found It - Hero in the Community Scholarship Contest
An old maxim is to “leave it better than you found it.” As serious injury attorneys, we take pride in giving back to our community as much as possible. We can improve the community by helping people get justice for their serious injuries.
Our first philosophy is putting our clients’ best interests first.
We want to hear how you are putting others first and leaving your community a better place.
That is why we are proud to introduce our first annual scholarship contest for those currently enrolled in college. We want to find out how you give back to your community and what you took away from that experience.
In 250 – 500 words tell us about an experience where you were able to give back to the community. Here are some basic examples of what we are looking for in your submission:
- A volunteer program you were a part of. Tell us what that program was and why you decided to help out.
- Charity events that you participated in. Tell us what was meaningful to you about participating.
- A time that you saw an issue and took the initiative to fix or improve the situation.
Then, we will choose the most compelling essay and select one winner (1) and award them $1,500.00 to put towards their college tuition.
Please include the following in your essay submission:
- First / Last Name
- Name of College You Are/Plan on Attending
- Email Address
- Title for Your Essay Submission
- A compelling story with at least 350 words but no more than 400 words about the topic described above
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college to be considered to receive the scholarship award. Please submit your proof of enrollment with your essay submission.
- Applicants must submit the essay and other required information by December 31st, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the deadline for submission?
- Applications must be received no later than December 31st, 2022.
When will the winner be selected and notified?
- A winner will be selected and notified no later than January 15th, 2023.
Who is eligible to receive the scholarship award?
- You must be enrolled within the college or university program and provide proof of enrollment and degree plan to be considered for the scholarship contest.
- Each entry will be reviewed and considered if all the criteria and eligibility requirements are met.
Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
How many winners will be selected for this scholarship contest?
- We will choose one winner (1) with this scholarship contest and will be contacted either by telephone or email.
- The winner will also be announced on our website at the conclusion of our campaign. Due to the high volume of submissions, please do not inquire about the status of any submissions.
How to Apply
Please submit the following information using the button below:
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Copy of Your Resume
- Current transcript or degree plan
- Copy of your essay submission (.doc, .docx, .pdf)
We wish the best of luck to all applicants. Thank you for your submission!